Agnostic.com

3 0

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Who knows

Future of religion? Hopefully extinction!

No dramatic changes except in overexcited and temporary hotspots. Religion just has to wither slowly. We can help it along but people have the right to be offered a viable alternative. How can we accelerate the offering of that alternative?

I think that part of the answer at least, is teaching people to be more self-reliant and independent in thought. Instead of teaching them about some great tyrant in the sky, who controls their lives, determines their fate, teaching them that the highest path is developing oneself as a god in one's own right . . . there, I said it. We must replace god with our own being, as independent beings, yet we must also live in harmony with the other gods whom we interact with, and encourage them to break away from the slavery of subservience to some slave-master of thought. When we become strong enough to stand / think on our own, even in the big, wonderous, infinite universe, we have attained something beyond "god", we have conquered our place in the universe. That probably sounds a bit fuzzy and outlandish, but I am only saying it in the spirit of a somewhat vague notion, without committing to polishing the words or the coherence of it.

@Archeus_Lore A very good answer. If only we could factor in the use of scientific method by EVERYONE you answer would be perfect. Good luck in trying any of your answer - don't give up

@Archeus_Lore See my blog oyosblog.com OWN YOUR OWN SCIENCE for my as yet feeble attempt.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:396552
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.