Agnostic.com

11 12

Spectacular footage - Dorian from the International Space Station

From 260 miles in altitude at 12:16 p.m. Eastern time, Sept. 1.

The size of this storm is mind-boggling.

VictoriaNotes 9 Sep 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

BTW meant to tell you you have some beautiful photography on your profile page.

Thank you Victoria that is really cool, but how do you turn up the volume?

It has been confirmed as the second strongest hurricane ever recorded.

@VictoriaNotes Of course, Dorian's worst aspect it that it is hardly moving, so areas are ravaged for far longer.

Shouldn't Science Guy be writing that? LOL

@Petter yes I heard one mile per hour

@mooredolezal That makes 100 hours, or 4 days, for the eye to reach the USA if at all.
Hallelujah! The preachers have saved American golf!

@Petter sorry I don't follow golf so I don't understand the reference. Is there a big tournament in 4 days? And the preachers?

@mooredolezal Sorry. I'm jumping forward in grasshopper leaks. My mind "works" that way.
(I'm a "reasonably-safe-to-the-public" Asperger's 🤣😂😄)
In 4 days time Dorian will have weakened. There are bound to be preachers who claim their prayers to Jesus were answered. Mar-a-lago, the favourite golf retreat of the great POTUS, could have suffered great damage had Dorian remained at category five.

@Petter oh yes. I knew about Mar-A-Lago being in the path of the storm, I had just forgotten. That is good news about the weakening of the storm. I didn't know that that occurred before landfall.

@mooredolezal It's weakening but still venting its wrath upon the Bahamas.

That's a big one. Amazing the things technology can do.

Huge! Makes me remember how small I really am in the grand scheme of things.

It amazes me how a lump of evolved DNA can fathom out these things.

Good bye Florida. I will miss you. 😢

Nice post! WOW

Mind-boggling, indeed! A new breed of super storms that may soon be the norm... Shows why until real estate developers created the fucking INSANE housing boom in Florida, there were only gators, skeeters, snakes and a few Seminoles and renegades there. Highest point in state an Indian shell mound 90 feet high... probably made as a hurricane watchtower...

It's a bit higher than that.
[en.m.wikipedia.org]

However, the AVERAGE height of Frorida is only 6 feet above sea level. This NASA map shows those areas that are less than 15 feet above sea level.

@Petter Yep... it is not unimaginable that a series of monster waves could wash over the entire width of the state. In the last 25 years, average wave heights in Atlantic and Pacific have increased by about 7 feet, storms hit more often, and rogue giants are more frequent. Storms are shutting down large Pacific Northwest ports more often, as well. Where would we be with a lot fewer shiploads from China? The REALLY huge storms are in the ironically named Pacific Ocean.

Huge

its a monster.

Let the flat earthers deny that shit, see what they get . . .

And after they get their asses blown away by the hurricaine, you will hear nothing from them again.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:396686
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.