Agnostic.com

2 0

LINK Vet with two tours in a war zone deported

This racism has to stop no reguard for those who served

bobwjr 10 Sep 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If you serve in the military your citizenship should be made automatic as soon as you are sworn in. This is bullshit!

Anyone who voluntarily does 2 tours in a war zone has mental issues so keep them out, I say. "I'm willing to go kill strangers for you" should disqualify someone for citizenship, not the other way around.

Thank you for your service, though

1of5 Level 8 Sep 3, 2019

I'm not sure about that. Did you ever watch THE HURT LOCKER ? It gave an excellent explanation for why people return to a war zone time after time. Survivors guilt, being unable to adjust to home life, wanted to return to save your friends. I don't believe it's anything understandable to civilians. Just my opinion.

How about getting his citizenship

@freeofgod no, i just have an aversion to people who are willing to kill others, and quite frankly feel the same way about citizens who volunteer to do the same thing - I think you have to be mentally compromised to want to even put yourself into such a situation to begin with.

We complaine about wars and our politicians getting us into them, without ever making the connection that we have a culture that produces a citizenry that will volanteer to go to war and fight those wars, and we think that aspect is all noble and shit - and we think that's great! I think that's fucked up.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:397397
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.