Agnostic.com

3 0

LINK Will Bernie Sanders Will Be Our President in 2020? - CounterPunch.org

"Now, we know the Democrats always rig their primaries. They don’t count mail-in ballots that are primarily from independents and poor people, they bar independents from voting in some states, they repress the votes of young people and people of color, they have a rigged delegate system, and they have a biased corporate media that really is propaganda. They could rig it against Bernie last time because Hillary could keep it close against him even if the rules were fair. 2016 was a two horse race and Bernie was universally unknown, starting the polls at about the 1% he despised.

Now, Bernie is known and is easily the most popular politician in America. I don’t think anyone likes even a single other politician in America. Indeed, if someone polled me I would say yes, I like Bernie, and no I don’t like X, Y, or Z. Bernie will be in the lead this primary season, and it won’t even be close. On top of Bernie’s new head start, he will have many Hillarys (perhaps even the Queen herself) running tone deaf campaigns in the Democratic Primary. They will split the establishment vote, leaving Bernie with a large lead.

Seeing that there is only about half a progressive in Washington, the establishment literally cannot water down Bernie’s base with other progressive candidates. They have no one to use! Maybe they wish they had kept a progressive or two around, but it is unlikely they see that far ahead. The neoliberal Democrats of all stripes will be using Trump as an opportunity for their own political gain. And the American public will hate all of them, for good reason. Every single one will present a wishy-washy emotionally charged Trump whining session that don’t relate to the daily lives of working people in America.

Meanwhile, Bernie, as he always does, will remain focused on the issues. He will speak about inequality, about funding for schools and roads, he will speak about regulations that will protect workers and the environment, he will speak about education for everyone, he will speak about the trade deals that are tearing this country apart.

And he will provide specifics. Bernie will, unlike the rest of the Democrats, have a plan for America. He will make promises he can keep because he is not indebted to corporate interests. He can have policy that makes sense for the working class because his campaign will be funded by the working class. And if Bernie is undermined again, the working class will be mad, even if this is missed by the talking heads of corporate media."

WilliamCharles 8 Sep 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do not believe that Bernie is the best Democratic candidate. If he were chosen as the candidate of our party, I would vote for him without regret, but would prefer another candidate.

^^THIS^^

I think Bernie is the president American should have. Which means he is probably not the one they will vote for.
I like Bernie. I find his ideas rational and fair. I just don't think America is ready to embrace that. I think there is still too much political indoctrination and tribalism mudding the water.

Bernard is not even a Democrat… He could have pulled ‘a nader,’ and I’ll give him some credit for not; but lacking his attention in a major party primary, most folks wouldn’t know even his nickname.. Bernards hacked emails have not yet been released … remember when even trump was promoting him? There was plenty of reason for that..

Hillary’s about as good as they get … proof was her contentious primary with Obama in 08! Had she been as much a political opportunist as Bernard.. She’d have challenged Obama in 2012. But she didn’t - cuz she has class.

Biden & Bernard will hopefully be led to pasture sooner than later … and though I’m less than enthusiastic about the rest of the lineup - anyone over trump!though.. We’d better consider 2024 ..when we’ll be going up against someone far more competent and respected than trump … so too far left now could mean 4 short years..

Varn Level 8 Sep 4, 2019
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:397978
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.