Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK Column: Break some eggs, Elizabeth Warren: Drop out and back Bernie - Chicago Tribune

"Sanders represented the progressive faction in 2016. But Hillary Clinton and establishment Democrats, through former DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz, rigged the primaries and leveraged all that Wall Street cash and the superdelegates to cynically take Sanders out."

[... ]

"Sanders is a true lefty, not a faux lefty, and perhaps it would be a good thing for the country to have left and right meet in the November 2020 Thunderdome and just end this incessant bickering once and for all."

WilliamCharles 8 Sep 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I agree with the article about Biden but not about who should drop out as I see Bernie dropping out and backing Warren. Sanders is a lot sharper than Biden but I think Elizabeth is a lot sharper than Bernie and she doesn't just spout the same thing over and over like a broken record. Having said all that I'll vote for the Democrat that gets the nomination.

gearl Level 8 Sep 4, 2019

Repetition is part of the political process, and consistency is part of Bernie's.

There's a lot wrong with that. Hillary had nearly 1000 more delegates than Bernie, 2,811 to 1,879, won more state contests than Bernie, 34 to 23, and won 3M more votes than Bernie, 16,914,722 to 13,206,428. [en.m.wikipedia.org]
She won by a lot without even counting the so-called superdelegates. And it should be no surprise that many of the long-time Dems didn't support Bernie when he wasn't even a member of the party until he decided to run for president (as he did again this year). So you can cry all you like about unfairness when he wasn't there for the party until he needed them. And his sore loser supporters did a lot to help Trump's victory as you and they appear to be doing again with your badmouthing Joe Biden and Elizabeth Warren, either of whom would make a lot better president.

So either get behind the Dem nominee or look forward to at least four more years of Trump!

@adaptable1958 And your evidence for that is?

The final vote tally was tainted because of the shenanigans taking place. I'm sorry you don't see that. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz stepped down for a reason. She got caught with her thumb on the scale.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:397993
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.