Agnostic.com

5 0

Is 99.9% atheist, agnostic?

HoaryMarmot 7 Mar 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I call myself 99.9 because if you ask me 'is there a god' or even higher power, my answer would be an unhesitant No!; however, I'm willing to acknowledge that there is a .1% chance I could be wrong and given proof, I'll change my opinion.

I just live my life assuming there's no god due to lack of evidence for deity. That 0.1% probability is because I can't prove a negative.

If you're asking are the vast majority of atheists also agnostics, I would say yes. I don't know if it's 99.9% but it's up in that vicinity.

I have taken the time and effort to pin down atheists who said, screw it, there IS no god, and I'm willing to say it. And mostly they were just not willing to tap dance around it and didn't care if their position wasn't technically philosophically correct. "There is no god" would be a perfectly legitimate semantic shortcut in almost any other situation, but we have to deal with asshats who claim we are "arrogant" in our claims, or who like to point out (correctly) that we can't prove there is no god (often, while conveniently not admitting they can't prove that there is). Also, there's just the practical problem that if you make a positive claim then the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate that it's true, and I'm NOT going down that road with Liars For Jesus.

Is this a 'trick' question ?

99.9% of what or whom?

Jnei Level 8 Mar 19, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:39836
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.