Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK The Problem With Warren - CounterPunch.org

"All of the above issues, however damning they are of Warren’s record and character, pale in comparison to the contextual circumstances in which she entered the Democratic primary race. Sanders’ surprise success in the 2016 primary, in which he came very close to beating establishment favorite Hillary Clinton, is what created the energy and momentum for a progressive insurgency to happen in the first place. It was Sanders who brought issues like universal healthcare, free public college tuition and taking on Wall Street into the political mainstream and created a mass movement to get a genuine progressive into the general election contest for the first time in decades.

The term “riding on the coattails” doesn’t come close to describing what Warren has done with her presidential bid. By entering the race for the party’s 2020 nomination, she is lazily strolling through a door that Sanders spent long, strenuous years prying open. And in what is perhaps the biggest slap in the face of all, she has publicly rejected the undeniable fact that the 2016 primary was rigged in favor of Clinton – a position which (surprise, surprise) she flip-flopped on, having originally affirmed that it was indeed rigged. Warren said in an interview in 2017 with MassLive: “The overall primary process was fair and Hillary made history.”"

WilliamCharles 8 Sep 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am a Warren supporter, without question. She is more intelligent than most of the other candidates, more dedicated to serving the American people ands to strengthening our democracy. She has deep dedication to that cause, great energy, and great compassion for the common person. To me, she stands head and shoulders above the rest. In 2016, I voted for Bernie in the primary, but only because Warren was not in the race.

If Warren was a true progressive, she could have endorsed Bernie, but she hedged her bets. She has shown her willingness in this run to backpedal in order to placate corporatists.

I think Bernie's refusal to take corporate money to fund his campaign (like Tulsi) shows an integrity the others lack. Warren herself has a public position, and a private one, which was the kiss of death for the previous nominee.

The MSM continuing to fluff her is a red flag as far as I'm concerned.

@WilliamCharles Warren is not placating corporatists. She stands against them all the time.

@dare2dream

I see things somewhat differently. Anything other than Medicare 4 All is like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

:-----:

"Warren has co-sponsored Sanders’s single-payer proposal, but on the campaign trail keeps her talking points on universal health care; she speaks about Medicare-for-all more in terms of expanding public options for health care, rather than eliminating private insurance altogether. It’s in stark contrast to Sanders, who takes every opportunity to explain and advocate for single-payer health care, making the case that the incentives cannot be truly in the interest of the patients unless private insurance is out of the equation."

[gritpost.com]

She's definitely taking full advantage of the door opened by Bernie. I don't think she would stand a chance against Trump. A lot of democrats, me included, will remain pissed off about what happened in 2016 for a very long time. My confidence in the DNC has dropped to the lowest of lows. Especially after they chose Tom Perez to head the DNC.

So she flip flopped about Hilary. I'm okay with that because Warren is on the correct side now.

I don't care if Warren rode in on Bernie's coat tails. She's talking the talk now and I think she is carrying the progressive banner with Bernie.

Unfortunately, I see her role as meant to kneecap Bernie. Splitting the vote means superdelegates get to decide.

Do not forget that the superdelegates arose because the party felt that George McGovern was a mistake not to be repeated.

@WilliamCharles ALL the remaining Democrats are splitting the vote.

This time the superdelegates don't get to vote on the first round of the primary.

@dare2dream

While that is true, I find it interesting that none of these supposed progressive firebrands chose to run in 2016. The fact that anyone feels Biden has a chance is a good example of what is wrong with the party. If they wanted what was best for the country, a good many would drop out and endorse a frontrunner. It's Bernie or bust for me. I don't think anyone else draws from as large a pool.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:398426
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.