Agnostic.com

6 2

Which side of the sidewalk do you walk on?

I know that the convention for Americans is to walk on the right most side--and I assume this is due to us mirroring how we drive.
But what is the convention for people from other countries? Does the side you walk on also follow this pattern?

• 7 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 1 vote
Mea 7 Mar 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I prefer walking in a zig-zag pattern so as to keep them guessing. Every once in a while I'll walk backwards on the left to really throw them off. As for driving? Oncoming vehicles are worth 100 points each, 1000 points if you can cause multiple wrecks in a single swerve. Humans are only worth 50 points each but you get score multipliers if you can take out several of them in succession or in groups (chain bonuses start at 5 or more)............... I mean, that's how everybody does it, right? 😉

We drive on the left and I walk on the left side of the footpath. I give way on the right for those walking faster than me. I give way on the right for oncoming pedestrians.

It's a pet peeve of mine when these social conventions are not adhered to - especially in very busy streets, e.g.: the CBD.

I walk in the street. I like living on the edge.

Center as much as possible

Phin Level 6 Mar 19, 2018

I don't have any sidewalks.

Drive on right. Push shopping carts on right. Chaos on the sidewalk. Lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:39872
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.