Agnostic.com

2 0

LINK Allende’s Last Speech

On another 9/11 anniversary.

:-----:

"The people must defend themselves, but they must not sacrifice themselves. The people must not let themselves be destroyed or riddled with bullets, but they cannot be humiliated either.

Workers of my country, I have faith in Chile and its destiny. Other men will overcome this dark and bitter moment when treason seeks to prevail. Go forward knowing that, sooner rather than later, the great avenues will open again where free men will walk to build a better society.

Long live Chile! Long live the people! Long live the workers!

These are my last words, and I am certain that my sacrifice will not be in vain, I am certain that, at the very least, it will be a moral lesson that will punish felony, cowardice, and treason."

WilliamCharles 8 Sep 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One of the many shameful examples of US foreign meddling.
Margaret Thatcher was a great friend of his successor Pinochet, the right wing dictator. One of the many reasons that I disliked the woman.

very few here would remember/recognize his name.
his US supported asasination was just one of many injustices against the working class ppl of central /s. america. happening again in venezuela.

Which makes the finger-wagging about supposed interference in our elections all the more obnoxious and hypocritical.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:400983
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.