Agnostic.com

5 0

Science is now rediscovering things the ancients already knew. Ours is not the first technological age. And is not likely the first to discover the power of the atom. Described in ancient texts are weapons as described appear to be describing the use of nuclear weapons. In fact Oppernheimer's statement "that now we have become the destroyers of worlds" came from an ancient text that describes weapons of great power that were so bright you could not look upon them and left vast areas uninhabitable for generations. Gives new meaning to the statement That there is nothing new under the sun. My mind comes up with strange thoughts 24/7.

orion 5 Nov 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nobody knows exactly how the Pyramids or the Sphinx were built. The Sphinx was built long before the Pyramids. We would have great difficulty in trying to duplicate anything as precise and complex as the great Pyramid today with our technology. How could the Egyptians accomplish it with the technology they had at the time. It certainly wasn't built by slaves.

orion Level 5 Nov 22, 2017

You've been watching too much Ancient Aliens. The show is purely entertainment, not educational.

Marz Level 7 Nov 22, 2017

Evidence to support claims of a prior technological age? I study prehistory, and I've seen no credible evidence of any kind to support that claim.

I'm not sure, There are things alluded to like airplanes, submarines, possibly nuclear weapons, extra-terrestrial visitations. Who built the Sphinx, the pyramids, the giant stone monoliths, some of the ancient cities, accurate maps of Antarctica showing it without the ice. After thousands of years how much of our civilization would be easy to discover. The similarities around the world of certain empires when communication of that type was considered virtually impossible. I would like to see how these can be explained. I am curious and a casual observer, but some things just do not appear to add up. So any knowledge you can impart would be appreciated.

The ancient Egyptians built the Sphinx and the pyramids, and the means they used to do so are well documented. You're surrendering to pseudoscience.

While I think we may be on a treadmill of sorts, repeating history, it would seem likely that some of their tech junk would have shown up in all our digging and searching.

That would depend a lot on the time frame. Most of the evidence of our civilization would likely disappear in in ten thousand years or so. We are still discovering new things every year. Stone cities and underground cities for instance. They are still discovering new things about the pyramids, the sphinx and discovering more ancient burial sites. Nazca seems to be a very strange site with the top of mountains leveled off and the lines. Perhaps the translations of some of the texts are in error.

What ancient texts are you alluding to?

I'm not sure I think they were Sumerian tablets, I believe there are also surviving texts in India that have only been partially deciphered.

@orion
You cite ancient texts but you don't know what they are?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4010
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.