Agnostic.com

5 2

LINK Random ramblings of an Atheist

This is my personal blog and my outlet to rant about how hard my life is living among devout Chrhistians---Just kidding. Seriously though, I have no one else on my side where I live. Not even my hubby. :'( I hope this helps someone else who's going through the same situation.

Biblebeltskeptic 6 Sep 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Overcoming the brainwashing that parents of a devote (or fanatical) faith is a very hard thing to do. My congratulations. Food for thought: the Bible was written in the early 1600's (King James) by the Catholic Church -- there are no documents that go back further than that. Also look up Horus vs Jesus on-line -- very interesting read. Teach your children about thinking for themselves rather than just following someone else -- be at peace. 🙂

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Farkin' hell, I really feel for you poor buggers in the Bible belt. It makes me aware of the privileged position I have - growing up in a fairly secular country (Australia), emigrating to an equally secular one (the UK), and working in a thoroughly secular industry (nuclear power).
Please, rant away, sistah.

Your screen name is very clever. Lol

You can rant in safety here.

Your post was well written, for sure. Nicely put. I had a very similar journey to atheism, and I'm only "out" to my wife. I grew up in the church, don't really feel like I had much choice in the matter, but I was into it! I liked feeling like I was doing things the right way and Gods way was the only right way. I don't think I started having doubts until 7 years ago. Looking into my church's library(ironic), and finding a book about biblical geography. That led to more geography books outside the church, then wondering if I was wrong about science, then finally a couple years ago it just clicked. I was scared to come out for lots of reasons, but mainly my entire family was Christian (not really fundamentalist but still entirely serious), my wife and her family are Christian, all our friends are Christian, and I run a business with my dad that's well known to be a Christian organization. I have 3 kids, one with special needs. I felt like if I put my job in jeopardy it would be irresponsible towards them. But I also felt like I didnt want to lie about it for the rest of my life. So just this summer I came out to my wife. She's definitely praying for me harder now. 🙄 Not sure who to talk to. I guess that's why I'm here.
Cheers

We are here and listening.

If you haven't seen it, you might be interested in Seth Andrew's "Letter to a Christian Spouse." It's about 12 minutes long. I'd listen by yourself first before you share it with anybody.

Welcome, and all the best.

@Rocketman88 thank you! I love seth andrews and havent seen this video yet

Yes, definitely feel that. It's awful sometimes

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:401437
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.