Agnostic.com

4 5

LINK Famous writers and their odd ways of writing: writers -- 9/12/19

Famous writers and their odd ways of writing:

HippieChick58 9 Sep 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not sure how writing in the nude is all that odd, but I live alone and in a hot climate, so getting dressed to write seems odd to me!

Have never tried sniffing rotten fruit, when I can't find the right word. I can understand the coffin idea, if you need to imagine a deadline for what you want to say to the world before you die. Caskets are pretty pricey though and wouldn't fit with my decor, plus I will likely be cremated, so maybe staring at an urn would do the trick for me. Lots of interesting ideas!

I would liquify my paints and pour them on my canvass and allow them to dry while staring at it..

Sad they don't mention one of the commonest, going for a walk first, many used that one including Charles Darwin.

Common ways to get inspired for writing probably didn't fit the theme of the article. I love a long walk in a quiet wooded area, where all kinds of philosophical ideas come to mind, which I forget once I get home. Sometimes I make a memo in my phone when some sort of epiphany comes to me while walking in the woods.

@Julie808 Me too, they say that their is a real link between just the physical act of walking and brain function. Perhaps because, when we were hunter gathering, walking defined the working day, our brains are therefore programmed to change up a gear when they sense we are walking.

Fun information ... Thanks!
Those writers' writerly antics make me feel not so weird afterall.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:401865
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.