Agnostic.com

4 5

Facebook dating update

Talked to a few people and haven't received any spam at all unlike other free sites and here..

I think thats because they don't have that sesrch option whatsoever. It shows you the people you match with one at a time and that is all. I do wish you could go back for another look once you pass someone up or like them. It is possible after you pass someone but not without sorting through every single other profile you passed one at a time to find them. If you like someone their profile disappears and unable to message unless they like you back. Once they like you back their profile reappears under matches then you can converse. Screenshots are disabled.

I chose atheist and seeking athiest agnostic or other. I mostly only see those choices. Hoping my profile is only shown to those. It would cut down on local Trumpsters seeing it and having it get around that I don't date religious people or Republicans. I do see many (the most) who don't choose a religion option. So its probably being shown to all those as well.

Also I wish there was a place to sort by what kind of dating one is looking to do. If someone just wants hookups, FWB, or is seeking a spouse just to get to the right people easier and give people a chance to be upfront about it.

Im trying to narrow it down to the people I would consider before we even message. I had a longer drawn out profile like my one here to try to weed out those people I would like from the other countrypeople here. I figured it was to vague and wordy so I shortened it to be more effective.

"Sex positive and socially awkward, prefer similar
Sorry no religious people or Republicans."

I do have some very clear pics of myself so Im alittle nervous I might be recognized because its a small town and I stand out a bit here anyway. Twice yesterday I sensed that I was very definitely noticed by men who seemed like the right age to have seen my profile... not in a bad way. Also could just be my imagination.

MsAl 8 Sep 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

FWIW, from what I've read you're a terrific person. And Intelligent, which is always a turn on(& definately cute😊) As for the religious and Republicans, they're a definate no to me also. Good luck out there..

I once saw someone in person who I had seen on a dating profile. He looked way better in person. He was with a woman so I didn't approach. Later I found his profile again and messaged him and we went on a date. It was wonderful until he mentioned that he was a climate science denier. Couldn't do that. People seeing you in person who have seen your profile isn't necessarily a bad thing. Good luck.

Oh I wasn't disappointed 🙂. I'm more worried about it getting out with other people in town and causing my kids problems at school.

I do think it is important to have those things on there in order to sort out the right kind of person. The type of person I would consider is very rare in this area so I like the concept of online dating to find them.

The person I was talking to the most liked me before I amended my profile. I mentioned the Republican thing today and he hasn't texted back so meh..

Thanks for your review!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:402407
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.