Agnostic.com

30 7

The job search.

So I was offered a position today for a minimum wage job, full time, some benefits. Washington state min wage is $11 per hour.

I have been in search of something in my field for a while, not having any luck. I believe it is my age, my sex, my body shape, my experience, or a combination of those. Every job I have interviewed for has gone to a younger male candidate. Some of them I know had nothing on my experience level. This makes me feel rather obsolete.

So my dilemma is, do I take the min wage job in a town I like? Hold out hope that one of the many jobs I have applied for comes to fruition? Keep looking for something else? Jump up and down that somebody wants me?

Akfishlady 8 Mar 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Your Life, Your Choice. We will Cheer you up when you are happy and Comfort you when you are not. Good Luck!

i would ake it, unsledd you are giving up a higher paying ob. then once there you can look around

I'd take it, hold out hope and work those other jobs will come through, and simply enjoy the area for awhile. After 6-12 months you can reevaluate if you like but you'll have given it a better shot. I didn't find WA so great for jobs and the pay, especially considering the cost of living, isn't as great as people think it is.

We share the same outlook and values. A friend convinced me to give KC, Ks, area a try and that's where I am. I don't like the politics but Johnson County is pretty liberal minded and Ks will only change if we get enough democrats moving in. That seems to be happening, incidentally, so there's an opportunity to be at the forefront of change. As for cheap, it is that. It's not as flat as people think and, outside of winter, fairly pretty. Good luck to you.

One can do very little about his or her age, only drastic and expensive measures to change his or her sex, but body shape and experience can be managed to a large degree. You mentioned that you have a "field" so do whatever you can to learn what is current in that field and make yourself valuable. If your problem is your body shape, you are in luck because you can absolutely manage that with self-education and willpower. There are many books and DVDs available at most libraries about healthy eating and exercising. If it is not in your power to make yourself more attractive to those for whom you want to work, maybe it would help to make yourself a little less intimidating. Take whatever job you can tolerate for now and build on that. Good luck.

Get a job selling Mattresses it's an easy job, and it pays $50K minimum, and once you get better at it, it pays a heck of a lot more than that. It's better than working for minimum wage and it's not a bad job since you have nobody standing over you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:40374
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.