Agnostic.com

1 2

LINK Bernie Sanders Wants to Alleviate Senior Loneliness

"According to a study published in March, one-third of American seniors feel lonely. The same study found that nearly 30 percent of seniors reported they socialized with family, friends, or neighbors once a week or less. Senior isolation is correlated not just to a decline in mental wellbeing but also physical wellbeing, with another study concluding that “Lonely people are 50 percent more likely to die prematurely than those with healthy social connections.”

Senior loneliness is a public health issue, which means it’s a political problem. Bernie Sanders is treating it like one, and proposing a political solution: create a new office within the Administration for Community Living to address social isolation among seniors."

WilliamCharles 8 Sep 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yeah but it's not like we're going to go out and shoot up a bar because we feel unloved!

Wonder what the upper age limit has been on mass shooters.

I don't get much response on this, but I've asked elsewhere, "What's changed?" You used to be able to get a Tommy gun via mail order. IIRC, it wasn't John Q. Public that caused the availability of a Thompson to be restricted, but bootlegging era criminals.

My guess is that society has become increasingly more dysfunctional. Holy rollers will say it's a lack of Glob and prayer in school, but that's also nonsense (I think they try to take too much credit for community and family structure).

Maybe things will get so unbearable for the "olds," that they'll start lashing out in randomly sociopathic ways.

What often puzzles me is, why don't those on "suicide missions" take out high value targets (i.e., people actually unashamedly doing great harm to others - though RWNJ conflate those with liberal viewpoints as doing just that).

Oldest mass shooters (we at least knew they'd be men, no?).

[ibtimes.co.uk]

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:403866
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.