Agnostic.com

12 13

Man guesses he stared at Giant Sequoia long enough to appreciate it.

Hilarious! Not far from the truth with some guys.

With a new man, I hiked to Ingalls Lake, WA in June 2015. "There's nothing to do here," he complained like a petulant child. "Let's go." I was appalled.

I suggested he go swimming in the freezing lake. That would cool him off. "Eat your lunch. Walk around the lake and appreciate the beauty. Watch the mountain goats."

"Stop taking photos," he ordered as we started the steep descent.

"I'll take as many photos as I want," I replied. "For safety, I need to slow down descending this rocky, steep trail. Go ahead without me. I'll meet you at the car at 6:00." Surprisingly, I reached the trail head at 6 p.m.

The next day, I dumped Negative Ned.

During a four-year drought, low snow in the mountains gave early access to high alpine lakes. Mt. Stuart (9,416 feet) is in the background.

[local.theonion.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

beautiful land

Beautiful pictures! Looks like a lot of fun!

Great pictures

Unity Level 7 Sep 21, 2019

I had a Ladybird book when I was a child called Ned The Lonely Donkey. I know we anthropomorphise but a real life one is going tooo far!

Did you pick Ned up on here?

@Geoffrey51

No, I met Ned through Fitness Singles.

@LiterateHiker Gawd. Doesn’t sound too fit to me. The mind needs a workout now!

Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing. As for Ned... Next!

Negative Ned was certainly unworthy of either you or the stunning vistas of your hike. Some guys may get points for fitness, but it ends outside of the gym.

@tinkercreek

Thank you for your kind words.

I take new men for a hike to test their character, fortitude and fitness.

@LiterateHiker A good plan, if you're sure of your safety with them.

Beautiful pictures.

@greyeyed123

Thank you.

Beautiful pics Happy there has been better men days for you 🤗

@RoyMillar

Thank you. I appreciate your kindness.

The idea hiking and camping is over a lot of peoples head."What do you do for six days while backpacking?" "What is there to see?" When I tell them of the vistas, the Alpines and the Sequoia many people just roll their eyes. Favorite memories are at 12,000 feet, above the treeline in Colorado on a beautiful clear afternoon enjoying my lunch and the stillness. I can picture it right now.

I have to agree with Marionville. I just hung out in the trees. And double stepped it to the top of the tower.

Beautiful pictures! You certainly seem to be able pick some numbskulls in the male department....at least so far!!

@Marionville

Good point. Screening men, I give extra points for fitness and hiking.

You never really know a person's character until spending time together.

@LiterateHiker Very true...especially alone in the mountains!

Sounds like a toddler.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:405044
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.