Agnostic.com

2 1

What is your social status as an atheist?

I am a columnist for a local paper and have numerous times identified myself as an atheist without ramifications. Now my city is a liberal enclave in a conservative state (Mo.), so I would suspect as much. Have you come out publicly and if so, how has that affected your social status?

SageDave 7 Nov 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have told the world I am an Atheist; some people have moved away from me and others have told me "No, you are joking."... an even large number of people have said to me "I will pray for you." Now, to the people with much higher level of intelligence my Atheism has not made any difference.

It's such a part of me that it's not an issue. Like being childfree. I don't ever recall specifically stating to people at work or socially either one, but it seems to just be something known about me - as much a part of me as cats.

Yours is the first time I have heard the word 'childfree'. There was a couple in Central Washington that started a group 'Childfree' by choice. It spread all over the U.S. I tell people I am Godfree (also by choice) Maybe we should start a group GBC.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4057
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.