Agnostic.com

4 4

Its 1973, just came back from Vietnam. Got married on 30 day leave. Moved to North Dakota. Made a lot of friends. Blacks were struggling. Riots break out. No black women to date. They started hitting on white women. NCO Club was a wife swapping place. Stayed clear of there. The freaking exorcist came out. So many people afraid because of whats taught in church. We all believed this crap. Some people are struggling big time. My wife is Pentecostal. I attended her church. They spoke in tongues and jumped and rolled and cried and women covering women as they fell to the ground. Im scared shitless. I believed this crap. Now the exorcist movie is working on a lot of us. Fear, fear ,fear. Some troops are worried. They've killed people. They're struggling. I'm struggling. I didnt know i had a damaged brain. I'm seeing things, feeling things. Im schizophrenic. I didnt know this. I think somethings out there. I struggled so long with no medicine. I carried this sickness untill 4 years ago. Caffeine triggers this. I backed off and slowed down and took meds. I actually thought i had a gift that haunted me. So did my sisters. We're all schizophrenic and didnt know it. Bottom line. If you think you got a gift, see a doctor. I no longer have that wife. My new wife is christian and knows im not. I respect her and never challenge her. I love her. Experience, strength, and hope. Take what you need and leave the rest.

BucketlistBob 8 Nov 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am a disabled (slightly), Viet-Nam era veteran. I have never been to Nam but know people who have. 3 years ago some of us went to Viet-Nam; it was a crazy but beautiful experience. My best friend was an army engineer in the first Iraq war. He was gung-ho when he left but the experience changed him dramatically. He is a hugging peace-nick and hates violence.
Some 20 years ago I and my then partner were buying plants. I am crazy about a tree called a Monkey-Puzzle (Chilean Pine). It was about 4' and so spiky one cannot touch it (it's name comes from the fact monkeys can't figure how to climb it). I had a small wagon and we could not figure how to get the tree in it (a real duh moment). A couple came out that had a truck which was parked next to us. We talked and found out we were close neighbors so he agreed to take the tree and his wife would go with my partner and I with him. On the trip back he explained how he was a Viet-Nam vet with severe anger issues and often got in fights. Of course I got very nervous. He looked at me and said don't worry I am on meds. and take them. He got a good laugh and everything worked out. I no longer live at this house but often go by it. This beautiful but unusual tree is now some 25' (it can grow to 150'😉.

apparently up to 7% of the population is hearing voices [ throughout the world]. On vietnam are you watching the 15 hour doc by burns and lovich on pbs, every teusday night 9 00 eastern standard

No, i kind of cut loose with Vietnam. I only mentioned it to tell my story. I will say this though. My truck license plate says vietnam so im wishy washy...lol. i went to a base hospital to show i had my prostate removed because of cancer. Thats listed in the agent Orange diseases. While i was there i saw guys wearing jackets and caps that said POW Vietnam. I kind of felt small when i saw them. They're my heroes. I still got my disability, but im not mentally screwed up like them. Damn. Im just a little crippled. Im lucky.

Good advice.

I hope you have sorted yourself out and are at peace with yourself. Best wishes.

Brother, im so grateful. I've seen my other brothers and it makes me want to cry.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4065
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.