Agnostic.com

6 0

How do you feel about taking chances? What is the best chance you ever took? How did it turn out?

bleurowz 8 Mar 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am typically risk averse.
Yet I have walked away form high paying jobs into nothing, prefering lifestyle and hoping I would manage. I must have, I am still here.

At 34, unemployed with a 3 year old, I quit my job as manager of a cable TV system and went to a local community college to get a certificate in software technical writing. I was hired immediately after I completed the course and worked for that same company for 28 years in many different capacities. Luckily, my then wife had a job and encouraged the move. She should've stuck with me. Oh well. I also quit a good consulting job to work for a cable TV company a few years earlier, and that job sucked. I was laid off in a corporate merger reorg. So when you take a chance, you take your chances!

Hitting on certain woman. It was relatively short, but intense, a super nova of sex adn love, renewing my faith in life and, more importantly, myself.

I love it. I got my first house by claiming I could do something I had never done before or seen anyone else do it but I did it. It set me up for lifelong confidence financial security and altruism. I am working on a video series with @jaye to be out in a couple months to show others.

I'm not a fan of taking chances, but when it comes right down to it taking a chance is sometimes the least risky proposition. I can't think of a significant risk I've taken that panned out well for me, but I think a job change in the not-too-distant future will be a worthwhile chance.

the better of 2 evils

Go for it!

best chance I ever took was quitting school in the 9th grade because I wanted to spend as much time as possible outside before I went to medical school. I did take the basic courses to apply to medical and ultimately got in.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:40697
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.