Agnostic.com

4 1

IF GOD EXISTS, DO YOU THINK HE, SHE, IT GIVES A FLYING FIG WHAT YOU THINK?

God is said to have created the universe with trillions of galaxies & such and to keep it operating.

Are you arrogant enough to believe such a being would really care what you think?

Evolution favors diversity, including on the human level mental diversity. Perhaps your agnosticism or atheism is part of some divine grand plan.

Better yet, since this supposed god creature is so inscrutable & unknowable, do you really care what god thinks, as he, she,it has not taken the trouble to explain itself?

Remiforce 7 Sep 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do not waste my precious time with these types of questions. What is the point?

The point--the consciousness of an entity such as "god" is imagined to be would be totally different from ours & any relationship would be imagionary. I know philosophical speculation doesn't usually affect the price of potatoes, but it is my passion. I would not want to pass through this world & at least not make an attempt to better understand the nature of reality. I realize not everyone shares this passion

@Remiforce "nature of reality"....the Tooth Fairy????

God doesn't exist so if I think that it's thinking something I'm just making shit up.

1of5 Level 8 Sep 27, 2019

"God" is a concept, & probably not an entity. I was asking people to get out of their own consciousness for awhile & perform a little role play of relational consciousness. Yes, you would be making things up, but as Napoleon said, "Imagination rules the world"

@Remiforce you asked, I declined. The last thing this world needs more of is people imagining what an imaginary entity would say.

I don't give a flying fig myself. Come on Remiforce most of your posts are interesting, but wait till the barrel fills up a bit before you dip in, don't scrape the bottom.

Maybe this one was a reach. I was trying to express the concept it is pure arrogance to think we have a relationship with "god", assuming such a being exists. If anything like god existed, it's consciousness would likely be totally different from ours, and any relation would be anthroporpomism & wish fulfillment from us..

It's better to say something than nothing, although there is an old saying, "Better to be quiet & let people think you're a fool than to open your mouth & prove it. " If I waited for the barrel of wisdom to fill up, I'd be silent a long time

@Remiforce That's why I don't make too many posts, i'm hoping they have not seen through me yet. LOL. I like this reply it works much better. It reminds me of the so called problem of evil, which I alway thought was one of the weaker arguments. Since it assumes that there is such a thing as evil, which is a big assumption, it then assumes that god recognizes and understands evil and that evil is not just a human construct. It can therefore be used against a god like the christian god, who claims to be good, but not a deist god, or some of the ethically neutral gods of eastern philosophy.

GOD; "What should I do today to make people think I really exist"?

That's probably what god is thinking

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:407363
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.