Agnostic.com

10 1

It's snowing where I live and all I can think about is greenery and camping.

Cabin fever is setting in.

Please distract me a bit. Maybe pictures or stories of great camping/hiking trips.
Thank you!

Donotbelieve 9 Mar 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Day 1: Flew from MSP to SAN. My sister and I met up with our uncle in San Diego. Current temp 67. Dinner on a patio, Palm trees and warm breezes.
Day 2: Started the drive from San Diego east, through Arizona (92 degrees) and New Mexico. Sight seeing all the way. While in White Sands National Park, my sister made a snow angel in the sand. Then onto the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa. Spent the night on a patio in Tucson. Evening temps 73.
Day 3: Headed to and spent the night in Amarillo. Dinner at the BIG texan. Of course lots of sights to see and great mexican foods the whole way. Made a stop at the Cadillac Ranch.
Day 4: Drove through Oklahoma and Stopped North of KC, MO. 18 tornados ran north of us overnight, we stayed south till they passed. Had awesome sunset photos from the back country highways we took to avoid traffic. Dont have my camera photos off the camera yet 😟
Day 5: Full out run to Woodbury, MN. Handed over the keys to my daughter for graduation.

That was my spring travel.

I will be heading to Voyaguers in 4 weeks, for a week. That will be my camping vacation with summer in full bloom. Then I pressume I will be looking for cooler travels for the summer.

Hope you found a way to get out there!

Just got home from working a 12 hour shift - Winter: not a fan...

How about a dick pic?

[upload.wikimedia.org]

I worked shirtless today, working on that tan 😉

@Donotbelieve me too 🙂

@Donotbelieve hahahahahhaha thanks!

@Donotbelieve lol

You can do winter hikes too, the snowy landscapes are quite lovely.

I have taken a kayak trip to camp on an island a few times over the last couple of years. This is the only picture that I can find on my phone.

Edit. I added another photo of my improvised shelter. There's not much capacity for bulky or heavy gear in a kayak.

JimG Level 8 Mar 21, 2018

@Donotbelieve thank you.

Huntington Beach CA midweek last year.

Not much green, I'm afraid.

Soon be summer...

That sucks. It times like this I’m glad I live in Florida. This summer I won’t be so happy about it though.

@Donotbelieve Normally just in the 90’s but I have seen it hit over 100 before. The humidity averages in the 70’s but it does get up the low 90’s.

@Donotbelieve yes you would but only in the middle of summer. And you can always hit the beach or springs and cool down.

Well, Georgia is still above zero (32°F), though because of the wind its not even comfortable for my daily walk. But, you are welcome in my house for a few days (no other intentions than meeting new people face to face), but it would not help you with camping/hike trips. Still too cold here too. Maybe Florida? For the rest; my camping experiences are from Europe. It would not help you either, because it's unprecedented cold there too.

Gert Level 7 Mar 21, 2018

@Donotbelieve I've seen pictures of friends in Indiana. It should not happen in the second half of March. I try to believe Trump is to blame. He deregulates everything, so why should this not be a side effect of his strange behavior. I worked in psychiatry in the seventies of the blessed 20th century (🙂), and I have seen cases of adults that were institutionalized for less. But they did not have a doctor that declared them sane for a handsome quid pro quo.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:40749
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.