Agnostic.com

1 0

First day on this site and I am curious. Is it just me or are theists generally happier than myself and agnostic counterparts?

lawnchaircrew 2 Mar 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not sure about the generalisation of non-thiest as being less happy. I know some really, realy unhappy christians. And much of the happiness thing is just a self delusion that they are the chosen ones, the delusion that even when bad things happen some outside forceis going to take care of you. If it doesn't happen, then you switch to believing that your better life comes after you die, as long as you believe. And they have a built in support system if they are church goers, as long as they tow the party line, or at least pretend to. That can help boost your morale too.

it's just something that I notice at least in my area "amish" country. I do think your into something with the support system. Perhaps a feeling of belonging is something that instills confidence.

@lawnchaircrew I live in an Amish area as well. They are simple folk with a simple outlook on life. They also are taught to hide negative feelings. I lived in their area, and I know that things are not always as happy as they may appear. But community support, as long as you stay faithful, is always there. Stray and you get shunned, and lose all your community contact. Great way to keep them in the fold.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:40762
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.