Agnostic.com

2 0

LINK The Right Way to Impeach Trump There's no good argument for Nancy Pelosi's narrow approach focusing on Ukraine. There are five other key scandals that demand public hearings.

"Let’s start with the good. The Democratic Party’s response to a whistleblower’s report that President Trump urged Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy to interfere in next year’s presidential election has been swift and strong. In endorsing an impeachment inquiry, Democratic leaders have united the party behind a true confrontation with the president of the kind progressives have longed for since the beginning of his administration—those earnest and freshly indignant days before #Resistance was a bitter joke at the party’s expense. Over the past several days, progressives, safe seat Democrats, and restless members of the House Judiciary Committee have been joined in their support for impeachment by moderates and Democrats from swing districts who have either bet that the party can bring a compelling exposition of Trump’s wrongdoing to the public or decided that the party’s waffling on the matter had become a political liability."

WilliamCharles 8 Sep 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Pelosi's impeachment investigation is actually an umbrella effort that includes all six investigations currently active in Congress. I don't know why you didn't realize that?

If I'm not mistaken, impeachment includes the power to subpoena. That should allow quite a bit of discovery. Pelosi didn't impeach Shrubya the war criminal, so I've got a wait and see attitude. Do you think they'll downplay whatever they uncover with H7nter Biden? Though not necessarily illegal, it highlights the incestuous nature of government.

I don't think issues can "demand" anything. Thst seems awfully presumptive. My understanding is that we elect people to decide whats important, and they decide, often for political reasons, what to pursue.

I understand the belief that theres some absolute ethic, based on a strict interpretation of the constitution and a version of what we believe is the ethos of the foundation of this country. Weve seen again and again, things we thought were "not allowed", were just constructs in our minds. It seems like Pelosi is nothing more than a politician, doing what politicians have always been relected to do.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:407946
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.