Agnostic.com

2 0

LINK MSNBC Pundit Who Accused Those Who Prefer Sanders to Warren of 'Sexism' Sparks Viral Outcry From #WomenforBernie | Common Dreams News

"Female supporters of Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders are not taking kindly to a MSNBC political pundit who said Friday—in a clip that has since gone viral—that there "may be something to" the charge that voters who prefer Sanders over rival Elizabeth Warren are inherently sexist.

Though not a remark from someone as a high a profile as former secretary of state Madeline Albright—who in 2016 said there was a "special place in hell" for women who didn't back Hillary Clinton in that race—the comments by Emily Tisch Sussman, a Democratic strategist and former vice president of campaigns for the Center for American Progress, drew scorn from the many women who work for or support Sanders for a wide range of substantive reasons.

"I actually heard someone saying something that I thought was an interesting point. But basically, if you are still supporting Sanders as opposed to Warren, it's kind of showing your sexism," Tisch Sussman said Friday morning.

"Because [Warren] has more detailed plans and her plans have evolved," Tisch Sussman continued. "I think it was an interesting point and I think there may be something to it."

In response, Sanders campaign national co-chair Nina Turner said she was having trouble wrapping her mind around such "foolishness"."

WilliamCharles 8 Sep 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hate identity politics and how it's used as a distraction and a way to divide liberal voters. I am even more disgusted at people who fall for it and put gender ahead of policy, track record, and trustworthiness in choosing who to vote for and support. Sheeple, plain and simple......Warren is a fake progressive and not trustworthy like Bernie. Women who are liberal or progressive need to wake up, quit being gender blind, and see the differences between Bernie and Warren.

What gets me really IRRITATED is that it says female supporters of Mr. Sanders. Why is there no castigation from all ALL? Who is this pundit? Tisch Sussman is ALLOWING and promoting this line of thought- Well THANK YOU Tisch Sussman for feeding into the whole bs narrative thatmany misogynists love to tell themselves, just thank you!. So Google fires Janes Damore but Tisch Sussman gets to speak on behalf of DNC, who is google? Who is DNC? LEADER, SUPPOSED F'N LEADER!

I do think that getting a woman elected feels like an impossibility. Is Bernie really the superior candidate? Does Tisch Sussman still have her job?

Bernie will be a sea change. I think with Tulsi as VP (or Nina), there'd be two terms for either of them after his.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:408458
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.