Agnostic.com

10 4

QUESTION Can food have negative calories? | Examine.com

There is so much misinformation, bullshit and outright lies when it comes to weight management. The internet is flooded with so much coming in all at once, the poor you in the middle, yes you, the one without a Science degree, has to sift through and try to separate the truth from the lies.

Please allow me to introduce you to my friend Kamal Patel. Kamal Patel, PhD specializes in getting to the truth amidst all the wild claims out there.

We've talked. He's been through my vetting process. I trust him. He provides plenty of sources for the professional Scientists, and plain English explanations for the rest of us.

ScienceBiker 8 Mar 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The negative calorie is a myth, but even doctors fall toward these concepts.

Celery = Bleh!
If Ihad to lose weight , watermelon would be my choice and swimming... maybe two birds one stone and swim in a pool of watermelon 🙂

I thought maybe cardboard, indigestable cellulose, something that we can not in any way draw calories from, may use some in the digestion process.

Celery? Mostly water and fiber.

Something which requires more energy to digest than it provides. It's a theoretical possibility but I don't really have any interest in food... The science of it that is!

I always figure a little food poisoning will help you lose a few calories.

godef Level 7 Mar 21, 2018

Oh don't even mention food poisoning, just had that yesterday!! Ugghh

Ice is the only thing that comes to mind that could have negative calories because water has 0 calories and it requires physical effort to consume it. In theory you could burn a calorie or 2 eating ice.

Roman Level 5 Mar 21, 2018

Eating around 1 lb of ice would absorb around 36 kcals of heat energy that would need to be replaced.

So about 10lbs to burn off that cheeseburger

Well, damn. All that celery consumed, for naught. LOL

@ScienceBiker great info. Only question is why is he offering free supplements on a link I reached? Are they reputable? Really free? Thanks for quick response David.

Celery - takes more calories to consume than it provides

gater Level 7 Mar 21, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:40849
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.