Agnostic.com

6 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm a male. Greta has my complete respect, appreciation, and total support!!! She's awesome! ❤❤❤❤❤❤

The worst I've seen: at 16 old enough to (sexual abuse)

Oh come on...
Look among several hundred million men this article cherry picks a few tweets and trys to sell a story. If the writer actually did a poll or a survey and a statistical analysis - basic social science 101 - then I'd roll my eyes less.

For crying out loud, they took a Donald Trump tweet that was nothing but supportive (genuine or not) and tried to twist the words! I don't support they guy, but there is nothing about his statement that shpuld be taken negatively at face value.

Give me a break with this contrived nonsense.

The fact are 1) there will always be a tiny minority of men that are jealous of others getting attention and respect, like to argue, and will try to get attention themselves by saying something provocative 3) there will always be a hack trying to sell ads by getting you to read their shitpost that wouldn't...well, shouldn't...stand up to common sense.

We all should ignore both and focus on supporting people like Greta and actual journalists.

It might be a minority, but ‘tiny’ is a stretch. Your male privilege might be showing, just a bit.
As a woman of 59, I can say that misogyny is rampant. Not just in journalism, but in everyday life.

She is doing what they don’t have the guts to do...because they have to keep the big corporate backers onside. Trump aside, all the other leaders know that climate change is real and that they should be doing more. The male commentators are outraged that a sixteen year old has had the audacity to berate the leaders...something they should have been doing themselves instead of showing their usual sycophancy, and hence their belittling and misogyny.

I love that girl. Just what we need.

She has a voice and it scares them.They don't like it that they can't get to her, and since they don't understand Asperger's, they don't get it. She is a true hero.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:408938
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.