Agnostic.com

2 0

As a side note from the "dating a spiritualist" post and the "Harry Potter "house member" question...

Does anyone else enjoy reading pseudoscience books as if they were Hogwarts textbooks? "Astral Projection for beginners", "Quaballah-throwing stones or caution to the wind", etc...

One of the things that, as a child, added to my burgeoning skepticism was reading books like Chariots of the Gods, the Bermuda Triangle, and the Amityville Horror. If these were to be "believed", they obviously interfered with the Catholic stories that I was being told.

Bierbasstard 8 Mar 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I find real science much more interesting.

An admission: I think the world would be a poorer place without pseusoscience - I find it a never-ending source of great amusement. I read all of Von Daaniken's books when I was a kid and several of the spin-offs and cash-ins penned by other authors. You used to find them on every thrift store's bargain shelf, but I never see them now - I wonder where they all went?

Jnei Level 8 Mar 21, 2018

@atheist ...and subsequently pulped, recycled and turned into much better books, one hopes. Though to be fair, even toilet paper would be a big improvement.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41016
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.