Agnostic.com

9 0

Islam is an all encompassing life view, a theocracy. Muslim is an adherent to a religion. So, why does the left scream “Racist” when either is criticized?

Markus 7 Mar 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Erm, because it is usually a bunch of knuckle-dragging racists that are issuing barely veiled threats against innocent brown skinned peeps...

Whether they are knuckle draggers or properly lettered thinkers, on the left I might add like
Dawkins, Hitchens and Harris, the messenger is irrelevant to the core question. Why give the ideology breathing room??

...because the left cherry picks what it chooses to educate themselves about. For a self described educated bunch, there's as much ignorance on the left as we are seeing on the right.

Since there is no example given of what is said, its rather difficult to give an answer to your question. If the statement is patently false or is an actual racist statement/name calling, I'm gonna call you on your bullshit, whether its about muslims, immigrants, race or gender, etc. With the logic in your post, the question could be turned, asking why does the right lose their collective minds when christians & christianity is criticized & want to cloak themselves as martyrs while screaming "religious persecution"?

How’s my BS now Sally?

This vid is also available below courtesy of LimitedLight.

@Markus i didn't say your comment was bs. I said i would call others who make racist comments, etc on theirs. You did not, in your original post, provide context in order to get the answer you are demanding. From other replies you've made on this post, this doesn't seem so much of a conversation & an effort to explore the topic, finding common ground & understanding. And since i have enough real life issues to contend with, I make a concerted effort to avoid manufactured, internet drama, just like your post appears to be. Have a nice day.

@SallyInStitches it’s truly a gift you have that can assess my post as a manufactured drama. I’m not looking for common ground, just an answer. For now I guess I’ll just reject your reality and substitute my own. Sincerely, have a good day, feel better.

Post a link, who is screaming racism. There is rediculous on both extremes.

I have no idea, I live in a predominanlty christian country, I get some flack for criticing christianity but if I mention Islam I am suddenly a fascist and/or racist.

Because all religion is bad and singling out the members of one for discrimination is wrong. If you criticize one, you should criricize them all.

There's a lot of difference between religions, PhoebeCat, most significantly how tolerant they are to others. I think it's no surprise that the least tolerant religions (Christianity and Islam) have the greatest number of followers. I hope you go back to the old drawing board and rethink your generalities.

@crazycurlz
More tolerant doesn't mean they're not bad. There is nothing positive about religion. It is a false narrative put in place for control.

@PhoebeCat that's an opinion I don't share. I'm more inclined to agree when talking about Christianity and Islam but have to make exception for my friends who are Christian and Muslim and are both loving AND tolerant. And when you talk about tribal religions...seriously? Lumping them together is not appropriate. Jewish religion is so tied to Jewish culture that many adherents are not religious. The Jews, with their commitment to education contribute a lot to the world of science. Buddhism, Sufism, Sikh and others I don't even know of...aboriginal people around the world who used religion for survival, I'd suspect. I think it's wise to leave the generalizations and lack of facts to the ignorant and move into the 21st century with a more tolerant posture as non-believers. That's my opinion

No Islam is far worse and scarier than ANY other religion

I'm fucked if i know

stupid is as stupid does and who makes up the LEFT to you ?

The women’s movement for example. They align themselves with an ideaology that many in Islam would have them wearing black bags in public. I don’t care if you call it left or right or center. Islam believes it has the final say on theology and is willing to kill for it. Now before you jump to conclusions I know most in the West would not but as Sam Harris pointed out, an overwhelming majority of Islamic world populations sympathize with the notion that it is sometimes necessary
To kill non-combatants to avenge an insult
To Islam. How can ANY room be given for people who support the notions of suppression of women and death to infidels in ANY of our political parties. ( there, is that left/ right neutral enough not to offend any sensibilities?)

@Markus I also like Sam Harris.

@LimitedLight OMG! I'm going to follow your posts. Glad you posted this. I'm appalled at this too. As Americans, we are naive. Have you heard Mosab Hassan Yousef speak at the UN?

Son of Hamas.

@LimitedLight Yes! Son of Hamas. Cool that you found him. Not only is his speech powerful for shedding light on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict but, man, it's almost universal: my leaders are not fairly representing me, either, kind of feeling. He's just a powerful speaker. Thank you so much for sharing this here!

@LimitedLight I actually agree with you. Bibi is not the right leader for Israel. But, interestingly, Israel is a democracy, as are we. I'd imagine then that t's no easier for the Israeli's to remove a leader from office than it is for USA. And, if you watch, many Israeli's protest Bibi. It's a pretty high percentage of Israelis that want to see change re: their politics.

Maybe same reason that the right screams "DISCRIMINATION" when Christianity, an all encompassing life view, a theocracy or an adherent to it, a Christian, is criticized. 😕

Fair enough. But you still haven’t addressed the question.

except, DotLewis: the right is made up of Christians and the left is not made up of Muslims.

@LimitedLight sorry but nobody has a right not
To be offended by speech. My best friend from HS and soccer team mate is Iranian. We could
Discuss this without fear of hurt sensibilities. There is a difference between criticizing ideas and ad hominum attacks.

@LimitedLight thank you for the video. Whether either of us have friends who are Muslim, which we do, I see it as a matter of being able to discuss idealogical topics in a rational way and I hope you didn’t take my comment as a criticism of your input. Thanks again

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41042
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.