Agnostic.com

23 11

Hello all. I am a Veteran and in my different groups being an atheist is hard as most Vets believe in a bronze age fairy tale. So it's difficult.

Docaj 4 Mar 21

Post a comment Reply Add Photo

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We’re pretty lax on the Bronze Age deities around here.

Thank you

You shouldn't run into much of that here. Welcome to the community.

Thank you

Atheist Vet present & accounted for! I remember getting my dog-tags & the look I got when for religion I chose NP (No Preference), don't remember "You've got to be kidding" being a choice!

TYFYS I am a vet as well Desert Shield Desert Storm.

Thank you

I live deep in the bible belt.. I can relate.

I spent 11 years in the army. You're not alone in your disbelief. For the record my dogtags said "Methodist."

JimG Level 8 Mar 21, 2018

Thank you

Welcome fellow Vet! You're gonna love this place!

Thank you

Hi Docaj! Welcome to Agnostic.com. I hope you will find this site a place where you can express yourself in an open and honest way. As a non-believer, I have found this a wonderful place to chat with like-minded people. There are so many issues that are discussed on this site, that I'm sure you will find some that interest you. Hope to read your posts in the future.

Thank you

Welcome to the asylum. Enjoy your stay!
Thank you for your service.

Thank you

I'm a veteran... not into fairytales..
Welcome aboard!!

its the same across the board mate. welcome

Thank you

NO PREF

Here's something you might find of interest, @Docaj

[militaryatheists.org]

I think many in the service currently, and some when I served, would have said they were Atheist except for the toll it would have taken on their professional career. It's too bad that it has such a stigma, but times - they are a-changin'.

522nd M.I. Bn 2nd A.D. here. You won't stand alone as a Vet again.

things will be easier here

You will probably fit in well here. Ask questions, comment, read. Make yourself at home.

Thank you

Hello and welcome. I hope you like it here.

Thank you

Welcome

Thank you

Thank you

Welcome, I'm retired AF.(i guess I should be more specific since AF can mean 'as fuck' these days - I mean Air Force in this case so, rephrasing - I'm retired AF AF). I love the smell of freedom here in the morning here! Enjoy.

jeffy Level 7 Mar 23, 2018

Thanks Navy field medic served with Marine corps infantry

As a fellow vet l welcome you to the site.

It is easier to convince soldiers to give their life if they believe they will be in paradise if they die.

Thank you

Aye,aye. Docaj field medic

Docaj Level 4 Mar 22, 2018

Cav Trooper Vet, welcome to the show!! Hooah, Allons!!

C Troop 1/11 Armored Cavalry Regiment 1983-84, The Border Legion.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41059
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.