Agnostic.com

5 2

Living in a "Christian" Homeless Shelter. What am I to do?

Now this is going to require some detail. Here goes. Short version. I have been living in the Atlanta Mission or as I prefer to call it - the Atlanta Mission To Crush Men's Spirits While Forcing Religion On Them. I am coping with this in my own special way. How would you cope? Humorous and serious reasponses are welcome. If it weren't for my sense of humor...

Slartibartfast 5 Oct 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One good thing is they considered an address as you can used that for looking for jobs and untitled you for other government benefits also. Alot of American cities don't have nearly enough beds available.
So take Baby steps, and work your way out of it.

Homelessness vicious merry go round can take 30 years off your life if you don't get out of it.

I did a revision to their logo to better reflect what they are really all about. For those interested in following my trials and tribulations, I have been blogging about it on deFacebook and also have a fundraiser set up. Hope that's not being too forward but these days I really do get by with a little help from my friends. Look me up I am Brian Lindsey and let me know here if you want to friend up. I get a lot of requests and want to be sure we have common interests.

If you can get to a different state, do it. The fight to get re-established and maintain your dignity is thst much harder in Georgia, at least look at a state with expsnded medicaid.

Heres a map. Go west. At least youll have less chance of getting futher bogged down by medical isdues that may come up. [kff.org]

Unfortunately I have all my remaining posessions in a storage unit and no means to actually do that. I have lived in the Atlanta area most of my life and when I do have the means to get the hell out of here I will. Talking with one of my fellow inmates around here, there is a lot of corruption going on. But as is par for the course, those who proclaim their religion the loudest are usually hiding something.

Many missions use the fact that people have fallen on hard times to cram religion down people's throats. It isn't fair and the Rethuglican parry wants to dismantle more aid facilities. Best thoughts to you.

No idea. Got a homeless step brother, and it's nearly impossible to get reestablished.

To bad you can't sue them for infringing on your right to not be religious, but they'll just tell you that's what you have to put up with in order to survive. The fuckers.

Best of luck. Stay as warm as you can, as full as you can, and as sane as you can

1of5 Level 8 Oct 5, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:410603
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.