Agnostic.com

4 1

LINK Man Awarded $750K in Lawsuit After Suing Wife's Lover: 'I Believe in the Sanctity of Marriage'

“I believe in the sanctity of marriage,” he told CNN. “Other families should see what the consequences are to not only breaking the vow to whatever religion you subscribe to, but also your legal responsibilities.” What if you don't subscribe to any religion? Can anyone answer that? Who agrees with this decision?

IAJO163 8 Oct 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So a woman couldn't sue if her hubby was having an affair?

I see the makings for a cheap and tawdry novel. A husband and wife hatch a scam whereby the wife initiates an affair with some rich guy. They plan to sue for damages and split the money. Things get off course when the wife falls in love with the rich guy...

Somebody take it from here.

Let's see....the wife talks the rich guy into having the husband killed and they keep his money, too! Sounds like something starring Amy Adams, Johnny Depp (husband) and George Clooney. (rich guy.)

@LucyLoohoo Ooh, bad stuff!

@WilliamFleming I'm a long-time fan of 'film noir''.....this would have been made in the 40s-50s and starred Lana Turner, Fred McMurray and James Mason...in black & white.

@LucyLoohoo The sister of the dead man smells a rat and initiates a years long campaign to bring justice. There is a prolonged cat and mouse game involving police and private detectives. There are car chases, crash scenes. The sister is targeted for assassination but her brother’s ghost tips her off.

@WilliamFleming She becomes a private detective and solves similar cases. Then, she writes a book and retires as a wealthy woman!

This could be titled "The Me Too" movie. Every person that divorced due to infidelity could now sue. "Dial M for murder?"

He sued under an old tort law that deems a wife to be property. I feel for him and he used a law at his disposal. But the law needs to be repealed.

Whatever happened to that old law against ''breech of promise?"

@LucyLoohoo Every state has its own divorce laws. I’m not law-literate and don’t know if breech I’d promise is in divorce law per se. But that tort law is biblical in nature, and just needs to be repealed.

@Bobbyzen Agreed, of course! Next he might sue for theft of personal property--her!

@LucyLoohoo laugh emoji but not really funny!

@LucyLoohoo Might turn out to be more like joy riding once he finds out what she’s really like. 🙂

It takes two to tango. The husband is playing victim, refusing to take responsibility for his part in the decline of his marriage.

Ridiculous.

Wait a minute now. Why blame the husband?

He worked long hours. She had an affair. Are they equally to blame? Yes he has a share of responsibility for the demise of the marriage, but her response was effed up.

@BitFlipper

They are both responsible for the demise of their marriage. He is playing victim, refusing to take responsible for his part.

@LiterateHiker He did acknowledge his part as working long hours. But he didn’t cheat on her.

@LiterateHiker ok. Playing the victim (when you're not) does offend me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:410616
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.