Agnostic.com

4 2

I don't celebrate the Christian meaning of Christmas at all. I do decorate with snowmen and figurines. Christmas is a Pagan holiday. I buy gifts for family and friends, but nothing else. Same with Thanksgiving. It's genocide month. I'm not having a big meal. I will just cook some homemade macaroni and cheese with some fresh asparagus.

Sarahroo29 8 Nov 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't celebrate Thanksgiving, but I love Christmas. I love the lights, the decorations, and all the bright colors. I even like the music. In fact, I'll be singing "the weather outside is frightful" in the middle of July. I am also drawn to the mythology of Santa, and the idea that people can come through for each other and do good (which they can even when it isn't Christmas).

The only thing I celebrate is the passing of the winter solstice (the original source of xmas), looking forward to longer days and warmer weather 🙂

I don't see why we can't celebrate our ancestors holidays. I myself celebrate Canaanite and Mesopotamian holidays. I have idols of the old deities in honor of my heritage. I guess it's more of acknowledging what the ancient myths represent vs actually believing that El or Hadad actually are living beings sitting on a mountain top or the cause of a thunderstorm. No shame in celebrating human inventions.

Avi_J Level 2 Nov 18, 2017

Christmas has gotten out of hand. We have to remember the reason for the season: remembering the birth of Santa Claus.

Lol.

I thought it was the birth of 'Coca-Cola' 😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4114
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.