Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK Pastor Who Texted While Speaking in Tongues Has a Perfectly Good Explanation! | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

He could have said a lot of things to explain why he was checking his smartphone while speaking in tongues however he went the 'now don't y'all feel bad' route and it didn't work...

DGJ0114 7 Oct 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hot line to god ?

That is good and I still occasionally watch Colbert. I still remember watching him try to defend his catholic belief on one of his interviews.

I saw a program about speaking in tongues. A university linguist broke down the common speech patterns to try to make sense of it. Apart from many of the words ending in a vowel, there was no sense, rhyme or reason that fit any existing linguistic pattern. For instance, almost all languages use the subject (what is being talked about or referred to), some sort of verb (action) and usually a descriptive word or two. Every person speaking in tongues did not fit any recognizable pattern, just a random piling on of words. On the other hand, many words did repeat over and over again, just not in any recognizable fashion. I wish I could say were I heard it on television, but it was about 10 years ago.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:411491
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.