Agnostic.com

10 3

WHAT IS YOUR MAIN REASON FOR BEING AN AGNOSTIC OR ATHEIST?

Some people seem to be drawn to Agnosticism/Atheism because of an attraction to science, philosophy, & rational thought.

Some people seem to be rebelling against their religious upbringing.

Some people are very militant in their Agnosticism or Atheism & others are more laid back.

What mainly attracted you & how committed are you

Remiforce 7 Oct 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That there are no gods.

I have a need to be true to myself - and also a need to be out and unapologetic about it - for others who need to know it's okay to be true to themselves as well.

I'm glad for you. Being true to yourself is the greatest satisfaction in life

I think much of society has some foam of schizophrenia by overwhelming control by the emerged politics, Religion and military all in bed together. I might have a tiny bit of Aspergers like Greta Thunberg to cut through the BS because I can't live a lie. I give a considerable attention to detail, and great at puzzling the big picture together”. A person renowned for being direct, being honest and determined and having a strong sense of social justice. I see personal God more harmful than good. I was a bit shocked at R Dawkins extreme veiws that help me find better answers on middlegrounds with greater tolerance and forgiveness for other people flaws. I'm happy the nonbelievers are the fastest growing group. Next I hope we see through the huge Corporation-ism corruption and of Government God's grandiose BS.
Power to the people.

Right on, Brother, Religion is the handmaiden of the corporate exploiters & the government mindsuckers

Is that like energy vampires. Lol

I have no reason!!!

I am not attracted to any form of god(s) or religious dogma in any form or fashion!

Little myths that are regarded as truth seem to be more of psycho babbling than of ones prolonged needs to belong!!!

Hatefulness that many religious direct toward others. I am better off far away from such BS.

Zster Level 8 Oct 10, 2019

Religion leads to sectaranism & deep divisions. It haslead to religious wars, crusades, pogroms, inquisitions

Honesty about life no myths I have to be beholden to , honest women who don't live a myth

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 10, 2019

A combination of common sense and disgust with hypocrisy led me to dismiss all religions.

I think a practical outlook leads to agnosticism/atheism. If one takes an occam's razor approach to Life & discards all that is not necessary & one has a healthy disdain for B.S hypocricy, it's the way to go

No reason just am!

I went to a Lutheran college for my first degree and while there I took 5 of the religion classes and read the bible from beginning to end twice while doing that. I then moved to a different state to teach Math at one of the Lutheran schools and while doing that was also teaching a couple of bible study classes and working on a masters degree in my subject area instead of education. Part of doing that caused me to have problems with the education system so I left teaching and obtained a degree in a different subject. I then did a third reading of the bible and all of the contradictions, atrocities and more finally showed up; I was also rereading my college notes and other things while doing that. So, I said good by to theism and also had a short stint of deism but that also couldn't hold ground.

I'm glad you got insight based on all that learning

I read the bible cover to cover, twice. My critical thinking skills kicked in and I recognized the book for what it is, Middle Eastern mythology. Poorly written as well! Filled with plot holes and contradictions. From there everything just kind of snowballed.

I take the bible like I take Greek mythology. Some good stories & a few good insights, but not to be taken seriously, not even seriously enough to oppose

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:412267
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.