Agnostic.com

53 6

Do you background check online dates prior to meeting in person?

Ive joined an active dating site and there is a very real possibility I could meet and even end up behind closed doors with one of these people at some point in the near future.

I like the idea of doing an online background ckeck first to make sure they are who they say and to lessen the chance of ending up in a private situation with someone who is dangerous or married.

Do you do it?
How do you ask their permission?
Do you even ask them?
Would it upset you if someone looked into you?
Do you use one of those search companies?
Which ones are most legit?

MsAl 8 Oct 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

53 comments (51 - 53)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Anyone know of a public records search site that REALLY IS FREE, and doesn't want to charge you for seeing the results?

@davknight

Washington Courts- search case records is free. Check for your state.

[dw.courts.wa.gov]

I just want to know of the paid ones actually show what they claim and won't themselves scam me. I'm not opposed to paying for services I use. The one Im considering is under $30 a month for unlimited searches.
They just all seem so scammy though..

No. If it has to go right, goes right. If it has to go wrong, goes wrong. On that I'm a wee bit too crazy and ended up in some embarrassing situations in the past...

I'm not so much worried about going right or wrong, more just not dying.

@MsAl, when you have to die, you just die, it doesn't matter what caused it. Yes, there are dangerous freaks out there. I got one a few months ago that attacked me when I was on my way home. When things have to happen they simply happen.

@Paddypereira
I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.

Stephen Hawking

@MsAl, there are things you can control and others you simply can't. Even when you look at both sides of the road, how can you control a car which driver lost control and will hit you anyway? It's not even a question of being predestined.

@Paddypereira Taking basic precautions lessens the chance of dying in any situation.

@MsAl, true. Nevertheless, it doesn't prevent of things happening anyway. With people I have the tendency, even if I'm wrong, of not going with too many precautions. Of course that there are risks attached to it but, as it's the way I like it, when it goes wrong, I don't have the right to complain about it. In fairness, I tend to laugh at it all. 😉

I haven't done this since Pipl went private. I don't know of any alternatives without getting a PI license.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:413092
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.