Agnostic.com

6 0

Do you ever have a thought and think that surely no one could have ever had that thought before, just to read or hear someone express the same idea? There are so many people with so many thoughts, spread out over the time span that humans have existed, maybe very few of us have ever had an original thought. At least that is what I'm thinking, and I bet I'm not the first one to think that.

Rudy1962 9 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nice one - thanks for that thought! I wonder how many people got to that one first!

You're not the first person by a long shot that I have heard mention this. But Each time I wonder why the person asking thinks that it's an intriguing question. Perhaps a desire to create original ideas? I accept the idea that many of my thoughts have been thought of before and I don't feel any dismay abou that.

It's original if it's new to you. That's how I look at it. Maybe a million people are having the same thought or at the same time, but if it's the first time I'm having it, it's original to me.

I've said many times over, I doubt I've had an original thought in my life. Maybe a different way of looking at something, but highly unlikely original.

You figured this out sooner than I did.

@Rudy1962 relative to our ages, probably not😉

@Condor5 hard to tell. You forgot to put your age on the bio😉

@Rudy1962, 68.

Yeah, and it was usually some Greek who said it 2000 years ago ...

Ha!

Yeah. My nephew and I came up with the Dave Chappelle's black Klansman skit a few years before we saw the show. It was almost verbatim...except in our skit, Chappelle gets killed.

Yah I've seen that one. Pretty funny. You guys need to be writers on his show.

I love Chappelle.

[ebaumsworld.com]

@Rudy1962. Yeah. That's the one. LOL

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41327
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.