Agnostic.com

3 1

QUESTION Truck Drivers and Tesla Trucks

I've posted before about the disruption I fear that self driving cars will bring about. This one even brings our a new one I haven't thought of before where trucks platoon together, drive down the highway en mass and then a remote operator would only operate the truck for that "last mile" from the highway to the destination.

MustardSeed 7 Nov 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

From what I’ve read and watched I believe self-driving vehicles are inevitable in the not distant future. Because so many people are employed as truck, bus and taxi drivers, I see that as the real predicament. Where will these people find employment? This holds true for fast-food, check out, and a myriad of other jobs that will be replaced by technology.

gearl Level 8 Nov 19, 2017

Technology will replace A LOT of jobs but hopefully in this instance it will lead to less traffic at peak times. I don’t think there will be a last mile problem.

Technology and job loss ... the modern age.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4151
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.