Agnostic.com

11 2

Having just forced a bowl of mukimame beans down my throat (yuck, but protein, fibre, folate, manganese, phosphorus, vitamin K and, per 100g, 361 mg of omega-3 and 1794 mg of omega-6), I've been wondering - is there a food you hate but eat anyway because it's good for you?

Jnei 8 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't eat anything l don't like. There are many things in life l HAVE to do, eating things that taste like shit ain't one of them.

I had to look up "mukimame" because I thought you'd misspelled "edamame". This post is nutritional and educational!

Most of the food I hate is crap, like Velveeta, American "cheese", Budweiser, (the American beer), and... I found another one I dislike My diabetic housemate eats some of the most amazing crap. "Potted ham", or at least, I think that's what it's called. I was so traumatized, I didn't eat more than the tiny nibble I tried. I've never met a fruit or vegetable I didn't like. People on the other hand...

Oh, Soiylent Green. I hate Soylent Green, even though I've heard it's good for people.

That would be a major misspelling!

@Jnei I thought maybe your spiel checker was making a mockery.

Food for me is about flavor and texture..if it dosen't fit the texture imperative..then it lands on my don't eat list..like Liver..love the taste.Hate the texture..same with cottage cheese, it fails visually too..and a few other as well.

Nope, I gave that up a few years ago. If I "need" to consume it I will swallow without tasting. I read a few years ago that 4 oz of a certain type of red wine every night at bedtime could regulate your blood sugars. I drank about 2.5 bottles before I turned the last bottle into beef burgundy. I don't like most red wines, and that type is one of them. I even added splenda to it. I'll deal with full blown diabetes before I drink that wine again. I did try hard to make it work, and decided then life is just too short.

No. I can't even think of a food I hate, and mukimame is going to be way tasty to me, at least if I'm preparing it.

No, no, no. Don't eat stuff you don't like. Find your protein, fiber, et al, in other places with things you DO like. Life is too short.

The thing is, I'm vegetarian and have been for almost thirty years. When I was younger I just ate anything provided it didn't have meat (or fish) in it, but now I'm "of a certain age" I worry about getting the correct nutrients - mukimame don't taste great, but they've got a ton of good stuff in them. 🙂

No. If I don’t like it I’m not about to eat it.

If I only ate things I like, my diet would consist entirely of chocolate, cheese and wine - and I'd weigh 800lb and probably already be dead of some obesity-related disease. 🙂

@Jnei well there is a lot I love but limit to just every once in a great while or not at all. I was over 325lbs I don’t know how far over because I would get on a scale after I hit 325. But now I’m under 300 And steadily losing more. But I refuse to eat something I don’t like. Just can’t do it.

@Donto101 Well done on your weight loss! 🙂

@Jnei thanks

Avocado. I cut it super thin and put it in my wraps and stuff but it's mushy and tasteless and I hate it.

The one and only thing that makes me wonder if Satan is real is the existence of avocados.

no chance

I am not very fussy about food, but life is too short to eat yuky stuff.

Tumeric tastes terrible, but it's good for achy stuff.

jeffy Level 7 Mar 23, 2018

Wow, I love turmeric.

get your tumeric in capsules, tastes way better when it is swallowed quickly.

I must be weird because turmeric doesn't taste like much to me. I even like it in milk. I don't add too much, just enough to make it golden but it helps sore throat and tonsillitis

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41663
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.