Agnostic.com

34 7

Are the people around you religious? Are you the oddball?

Almost everyone I know is religious. Even my best friend, who was monumental in getting me to open my mind to humanism has returned to prayer for the placebo affect it gives her. Even all my gay friends (I am gay myself) are religious. I just can't understand that.... Seems like an oxymoron... It was a huge reason I shunned religion. Are you alone in your religious views or do you have some around you who understand?

MagicAndRainbows 4 Mar 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Its a spectrum. I have friends all along it.

Yes, they are religious and no, I am not the oddball but the intelligent. 🙂

I somehow have many Jewish and non-believing friends, all very accepting. Even my closest Christian friends are extremely open to my agnostisism. Good friends who are Christian also appear accepting, though, maybe with a touch of judgement or concern. But, I live in a college town.

Oohhhh! Yessss!!!

I live in a very conservative town. Besides me, my brother is an atheist too, and I have a friend that is a deist (her sister is an atheist). That's about it lol. There's churchs on every corner. Town is also known for its Christian College. Basically everyone else is a christian including my whole family, not including my brother.

I'm lucky in that among all the wiccans and casual xtians I'm around, they're pretty quiet about it and haven't really said much about my agnosticism.

I’m the oddball from my friends of friends since I grew up religious. I’d say 50/50 at work though. Engineering spawns a lot of science based thinking.

Other than some of the folks on this site, and a few Facebook groups, I'm the only person i know of with antitheist views. I am often around lots of people, but feel alone mostly. Actually, my mother is the only person that I know of with views similar to mine. My two siblings are xtians. Meditation, a few glasses of red wine (pref. Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon), playing guitar or piano, and reading a good story, are my stimulants of choice; among other things.

I live in Georgia, need I say more?

I'm in NC. My sympathies to you!

@MagicAndRainbows Ditto! My condolences.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41826
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.