Agnostic.com

7 7

Anyone else get really irritated with the stupid stuff family posts on facebook

Got on FB this morning and one cousin,who votes republican across the board, is crying about how poorly teachers are paid in her state and that there aren't enough services for her youngest child who has autism. Another cousin posted one of those "good old days" memes about how spoiled kids need things like car seats these days. I posted 3 studies on childhood mortality in her comments. I just can't deal with the idiocy.

• 3 votes
  • 12 votes
OpposingOpposum 9 Mar 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't even go on FB anymore. It ruins my mood, lol. I'm already moody enough.

Lani Level 5 Apr 9, 2018

Lol!

I cannot be myself on Facebook, so I'm rarely on there anymore. There is always someone there to argue, and I honestly do not have the time not the energy for their idiocy , bigotry or both. I have a few relatives and friends that use it for communication, so I don't feel comfortable closing my account.

They are the reason I am not on facebook anymore

I hear you. Imagine my surprise when my step-mom forwarded me a video of my sister giving a speech at a Tea Party rally...

Oh dear.

Don't worry we have DEVOS to the rescue Oh my ?

Ugh. I'm not convinced she isnt a relative. She'd fit right in.

Thats a real shame. Maybe you can adopt!

@Marine no thanks

Yes! Everyone in my family leans right, and I don't mean a little, I mean A LOT. Some of them believe Obama is a Muslim, as if that is now or has ever been relevant. A lot of them don't even believe in vaccines and think that secular people are morally bankrupt. I've tried to educate them numerous times, and I've unfriended a lot of them just for the sake of my own sanity.

So have I. They are immune to reason. Are your relatives worried about morally bankrupt atheists also the types who DO all the awful stuff they accuse us of?

They have their idiotic moments but overall not too dumb. At least not the ones I haven't already scared off. I just scroll on by or unfollow if it becomes too irritating. They're family aren't they suppose to be a pain in the ass?

Fair enough

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:41887
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.