Agnostic.com

5 1

Do you believe parallel universes?

I think that quantum mechanics help to predict possible range of the only result, which will actually happen. Most people do like parallel universes hypothesis because it provides hope to people who may not like reality. How do you think?

Xolvimqo 4 Oct 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When you lack evidence it’s ok to say “I don’t know”. It’s expected of people who do science. Cosmologists have for decades been doing mathematics, not science.

There is a theory that the big bang was not a one time phenomena and has happened more than once Therefore there can be multiverses

I only believe in things I see evidence of. This hypothesis is unproven, so I can’t say I believe it. However, is it a possibility? Perhaps is the answer to that question.

I don’t know enough to have a legitimate opinion, but the idea seems preposterous. The sheer number of splits is mind boggling.

Perhaps all those other universes exist only as virtual possibilities but ours is the one being watched by universal consciousness.

Belief is a personal emotion of little significance.

In order to have a (any) "belief", I look for actual evidence. So far, all I have read about is ideas (hypotheses) that, from a physics perspective, they could exist and may provide explanations for some phenomena.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:418981
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.