Agnostic.com

9 9

39 funny tweets about trying to get into Yoga. I was a crooked oaf.

James Breakwell:

Yoga instructor: folds herself in triangles like an American flag

Me: Maybe I'll try the beginner class.

Kendra Alvey:

The yoga teacher said to get into your most comfortable seated position but there weren't any barstools around, I looked.

Epic Yoga Fail

Forty-eight hours after hiking 11 miles with 5,009' of elevation gain, I joined a yoga class for the first time. Legs were extremely stiff and sore. Hello, lactic acid!

"I have great balance," I bragged to the teacher, thinking of hiking. Not in yoga. Try standing on one foot with the other leg straight out at a 45-degree angle. "Hold and breathe deeply." I could manage two seconds before collapsing.

The teacher used Sanskrit names for yoga poses. "Get ready for Ardha Baddha Parivrtta Malasana." Huh? Whatever happened to "downward dog"?

I was spectacularly inept. Announcing I was crooked, the Yoga teacher repeatedly marched over to straighten my body. It was embarrassing. Felt like a warped oaf.

At the end of class, we all laid on the floor for three minutes. "Finally, something I'm competent at," I quipped. Everyone laughed. We were supposed to be meditating.

All I could think of was how cold and hard the floor felt. Shivering, I longed to grab a blanket but didn't want to disturb anyone’s sacred meditation. The longest three minutes of my life.

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

...I donated to a gym once.

A yoga class is okay, until somebody farts!

This basically tells my yoga experience.

@Mofo1952

Hilarious! I love the cartoon. Thanks.

Funny

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 29, 2019

Just here for the comments. Newbie.

i've tried yoga. it ain't for sissies

According to one of my favorite video games, mastering yoga includes the ability to breathe fire at will.

sounds like you had fun lol ,I have started doing some minor meditation and takig Reiki courses,,will see how i make out with that

I'm still trying to get started......

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:419725
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.