Agnostic.com

3 1

Fans of Ayn Rand

Are there any fans of Ayn Rand on this site?

BigMac10 6 Oct 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I read almost everything Rand wrote back in the 1960s. Found her interesting, but after thorough analysis of her thinking, rejected her terribly flawed ideology - mixture of greed, hatred of all forms of government or contrary ideology, and a perception that she could do anything she wanted and no one had any right to say anything about it. .

Not a fan exactly more a reluctant admirer.
She created perhaps one of my all time favourite villains in Ellsworth Toohey a personification of solipsistic self interest, hypocrisy and oppression mascaraing as egalitarianism.

I lean toward libertarianism. It’s been so long since I read those Ayn Rand books I remember very little, but they resonated somehow. I recently read a Henry Hazlitt book.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:420373
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.