Agnostic.com

3 3

What do you do about people who give you too much?

I have a friend who offers to help out a lot but I know she's struggling in her own family. Yes, she's religious. I wouldn't mind the help but I also don't want to take advantage.

UpsideDownAgain 7 Nov 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No one gives without an expectation of something in return- be it their own emotional gratification, the belief that karma works, a fairy god afterlife, guild based debt... if you think this woman is caught up in some sort of emotional repayment scheme of her own creation, and shes hurtimg herself or her loved ones in the process, you should scale it back/ avoid her.

Mark of a good person

Ask her if she’s sure she is able to give of herself so much, and that you appreciate her offer of help, but worry that she may be overstretching herself. If she still insists that she’d like to help, I’d accept it graciously.

Could have not said it better.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:421852
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.