Agnostic.com

8 2

What do you do to control your emotions?

When you're upset, or having a bad day, or maybe you're just a little too happy lol... what do you do to limit the negative affects of your emotions on yourself and other people?

Also, in the poll, pick what best matches you.

• 5 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 4 votes
JeremyMinney 4 Nov 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Depression is the only one I keep to myself for the most part.

This is another place that I come to cry ". Every single night 😂

When I'm depressed I go to bed and try to dream it away.

When I'm too happy it passes quickly. I'm never happy for long.

Shut myself in my studio and write some music or poetry. That way, I can channel my emotions into something positive, even thought I might be feeling like a feral animal. 🙂

When bad stuff happens, I remember what Mom said: “This to shall pass”

CS60 Level 7 Nov 3, 2019

Don't let shit get me down, will not lose my humanity

I don’t really have a problem with my emotions...I obviously experience the full spectrum of what life throws at me, from deepest sadness to greatest joy, we all do. I am able to keep more or less on an even keel most of the time though, because both of these extremes are fleeting only. I never dwell on the lows for too long by concentrating on the positives instead, but I do have an optimistic nature which naturally looks on the bright side in most situations. I don’t need to control my highs as they never get so high as to be a problem...euphoria is a fleeting state, not one that is sustainable in most people unless drug induced.

Oh man, I just voted wrong by mistake! With age I’m getting much better at controlled responses, but have less time for jerks out of work,(not that there are many there!).
If there are negative effects likely I’ll remove myself if I don’t think I can deal with them constructively at that time.
If I realise after the fact that I was being a bit too negative e.g. I’m not to proud to tag it myself and apologise.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:421879
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.