Agnostic.com

6 0

Would you give a monthly donation to a local Atheist group if they held a weekly Atheist meeting on Sunday? This would create and promote a local community for Atheists. (The money would be used to rent the venue, provide snacks, pay speakers who might travel to your hometown, provide on-site childcare, provide on-site children activities, provide on-site parent activities, etc.)

AtheistInNC 7 Nov 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I night, if -- and only if -- the group would agree to being fully audited by a well known accounting firm every year. All groups should have to face public accountability.

tried it . atheists are lazy. best of luck.

Hmmm... tough question. It took me awhile to convert to who i am. I researched and chose to understand the writings of well renowned and educated people. I know we all have something to say as far as our experience, strength, and hope. I would not want to be associated with radical people trying to prove a point. I want to associate with like minded people that are seasoned in their belief. I understand people are struggling to reach this plato and i would rather use this forum to communicate with them. Im not afraid. My belief is a personal choice. No to your question.

Go to legalzoom and see about becoming a 501c3 organization. That will make what your propsing, legal. 90% of the funds (maximum) can go to payroll, keeping the lights on, ect. Minimum 10% will have to go to actually spreading the word, rallies, ect. You would have to have a president, treasurer, and Secretary. I have considered this myself. If it were well planned, and fun, I would.

it might be interesting for fellow atheists to get together socially, I never thought about it before but to give $ monthly, i don't know. the part about paying speakers reminds me too much of a religious thing, i may be wrong of course. i kind of like the idea though of meeting others like us.

I don't think I would, but maybe if the group was dynamic and engaging enough I'd change my mind.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4227
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.