Agnostic.com

30 4

Is "God" a bunch of Aliens?

The very end of the first Men In Black movie struck a cord in me: the creatures playing pool... with Earth as a ball... got me wondering if this might not be a really adequate understanding of our place in relation to what's "out there.." And I wonder if there are much smarter or just other life forms in other galaxies or univereses who see us; and have the ability to address the course of any individual's life on earth ? ... even as a hobby. Are more advanced "people" or whatever we call them... really calling our shots sometimes-- in response to "prayer"-- as what we call good fate... etc, etc. just a relatively unimportant but nagging thought when choosing to focus on discussing spiritual belief.

Jlad52 4 Mar 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Even if aliens existed in the form of descriptions of supposed abductees.....how could we ever experience them in real time? Wouldn't they be so far away that the time to travel to them or us would take so long that either of us would be dead before we or they got here or there? Unless they are closer than we think and are masters of disguise or hiding, or have used wormholes or craft that can travel at or beyond the speed of light......which is supposedly impossible. Or do we just not have the capability of understanding?

I think one possibility to address the time issue would be generational ships. Another is that they might, indeed, be technologically advanced enough to travel beyond the speed of light. And maybe there are wormholes and they use them. There are any number of possibilities out there...including the possibility that while we do actually have the capability of understanding, we do not understand enough--yet.

Its a possibility for sure

I think we take ourselves far too seriously, and religion reflects that. We’ve barely evolved to a point of awareness, yet feel as though someone’s watching, or cares? If/ when I’ve wanted to consider our insignificance I’d open my monster National Geographic Atlas of the World. Including several pages on the vastness of our galaxy, before moving on to the universe.. It’s vast beyond comprehension! But, laws apply. We’re not above or beyond those laws, and nor is anything we’ve discovered with our ever increasing clever math and observations.

‘God’ is just the narrowed down concept of more gods, perhaps better described as ‘Aliens.’ But I dream of the day we collectively narrow it down to none… It’s just us, and we need to stop being afraid of the dark, matter 🙂

Varn Level 8 Mar 23, 2018

It is a good possibility that Aliens invented our religions to keep our planet from progressing and being interplanetary rivals. Remember in the "Dark Ages" when Christianity was in charge, books were burned, people were burned at the stake, knowledge was surpressed, and our civilization actually regressed.

Sort of like now. People are being beheaded, temples from antiquity are being destroyed, wars are being waged between factions of the same religion. It's just a cute as ever.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:42277
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.