Agnostic.com

5 0

Heard something crazy the other day. My 18 year old lil bro tells me he tried Xanax for the first time. I already knew he has been smoking cannabis but that doesn't worry me. I have had this talk with him several times. kids around here don't get a proper education. They don't realize the stuff they are messing with and my bro is learning the wrong things from the wrong people as I suspected he one day would. I kind of saw this coming. This area looks innocent enough until you really get to know it. Lots of meth heads, pill heads, wet brains.... Now in general, my little bro just turned 18 and he is becoming his own man. So I don't feel right flat out ordering him around and telling him what to do. I advise the best I can but end of the day he will make his own decisions and I can't stop him...... That doesn't mean I can't find the mother fucker selling the shit and threaten to feed him his fucking lungs if he ever sells to my brother again. These people don't know where I been haha. They're about to learn though real quick.

SilverDollarJedi 7 Mar 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Xanax is bad for some. Not for everyone. It relieves panic attacks or anxiety disorders, which is fight or flight or freeze without any reasone. It just happens. So generalize not & do not take the law into your own hands.

@SilverDollarJedi Absolutely. He obviously has a trauma he is attempting to alleviate. Perhaps he should see someone? Go with him to a counselor? Good luck. I wish you well.

xanax is bad news

Oh, bloody hell - that's a tough situation and I genuinely feel for you. I've been an advocate of legalisation for many years, but Xanax is seriously bad stuff.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 24, 2018

The best you can do for a brother that age is be there for him when he needs you. And if he stays on the path he is now on, he will need you. Rather than be bossy, you might occasionally ask him how he plans to handle different hypothetical now, but inevitable, consequences of his choices.

Deb57 Level 8 Mar 24, 2018

Remember not to do something that would be irrational & immature. If you have to go to Disneyland you will not be there for your brother. & you need to be guiding him thru these coming of age years. Good luck.
I lost mine to a head on with a tree.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:42452
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.