Agnostic.com

8 2

I am so tired, I think I am suffering a bit of burn out.

I can't bring myself to do much of anything. The job thing is draining, the driving back and forth to the city is too much, the weather is gloomy and I can't motivate to do much more than drink coffee.

I should be out there at the protest, should be working, should be hiking or another activity. But I am just tired.

What do you do when you feel like this?

Akfishlady 8 Mar 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Go to bed

Nothing.

I go out to freethought discussion groups and bars, etc. Talking to people is my best medicine. Usually find out everyone is tired, but screw - have as good a time as you can.

jeffy Level 7 Mar 24, 2018

@Akfishlady Well, nothing like a heard of goats to keep you laughing if you are in the country! Some kind of critters maybe? You'll be alright - everybody gets the blues from time to time.

@jeffy speaking of goats, watch some Youtube vids of fainting goats; that'll cheer you up!@Akfishlady.

I know finding a new, or different job is not easy. But, after 12 yrs or so of working a very sressful job (Employee/Labor Relations), I was very burned out, which my new boss st the time, noticed. She took me out of the E/LR group and put me in the Training Group. That did wonders for me, and I thrived, pretty much for the duration, another 12 yrs. Of course, retirement is infinitely better, but I understand that not everyone is there yet.

Have you got enough money saved up to keep you going for a month or so? Sometimes the only thing to do is complete rest, ideally with a big stack of books. I find dramatic, sensationalist novels and dodgy "real life ghost stories" (which I love, even though I don't believe in ghosts) do the trick - like chewing gum for the brain. Get up when you want, go to sleep when you want, eat what you want when you want and ignore anything you don't want to do and anyone you don't want to see.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 24, 2018

@Akfishlady I know what you mean. It's true that a change is as good as a rest. Get that teaching job at Cambridge and we'll spend a month hitting the cafes (especially Fitzbillies for the world-famous Chelsea buns) and searching the darkest corners of the bookshops!

@Akfishlady We can go on the city centre ghost tour and take the piss out of all the people who've gone on it because they believe in ghosts, too.

And we can go and see Rosalind, the chronopage atop the Corpus Clock - one of the things that makes me most proud about where I live... and she was officially unveiled by a certain Professor Hawking 🙂

Just take a little walk, and then go back to pout...
It's called spring fever....

Implode because I'm depressed till I get over it. have you been to the doctors?

all I can say is I ended up sectioned and it definitely helped me big time

Just remember that tough times don't last but tough people do. I know it sounds trite, but it is true. I've been there. You'll get through. We all need to vent from time to time, I know I do. Just remember, it will get better. It is Ok to feel discouraged. Pamper yourself a bit. And wait. And vent some more. We're strong women, we're survivors.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:42597
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.