Agnostic.com

17 4

Bad habit: self-defeating but so delicious. What's yours?

Do you have a bad habit you're trying to shake? I have many in my endless quest for self-improvement. Here's one:

In the morning, I'm a slow waker-upper. Can't stand the taste of black coffee. So, I disguise it with sugar, milk and Tillamook vanilla bean ice cream. Delicious!

The ice cream fills my stomach and I'm not hungry for breakfast. Not a good food choice. Idiot. Need to push calories, as I burn thousands by steep hikes twice a week.

What's yours?

LiterateHiker 9 Nov 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Procrastinating on major personal decisions in my life

Agnostic.com (not always bad, though).

My bad habit is spending too much time on this iPad...and Agnostics in particular! As far as ice cream is concerned, I have always remembered a quote from someone (ironically can’t remember who it was..but it was a famous actress I believe), who when asked in old age if she had any regrets...she answered “I never ate enough ice-cream”...I’m with her on that one!

I have a lot of bad habits I want to shake 🙂

Haven’t we all,.and much worse than eating ice cream! 😁

Eating out of boredom.

I have that one too!

Curry, lots of curry

That’s not a bad habit!

@Marionville I love those Naga curries (for Americans that's like Ghost chillies)

Oh, I'm a professional bad habit. I've committed at least a dozen of the seven deadly sins.

My worst habit, and one that I am working on, is trying not to react too quickly to those around me.

Here, in this space, it is easy as I have to stop and read, think and type and can always backspace if I jump too salty.

Out IRL, it gets more difficult as, sometimes, being careful and measured can get you left behind before you know it.

@LatentumCattus

Negative self-talk is a lifelong bad habit after growing up with a critical, alcoholic father.

"You idiot!" I think. Trying to be more gentle with myself.

@LiterateHiker - Thanks for that! I appreciate it.

I have a pretty good assessment of self-worth and where the parenting was less than fulfilling, I can look at it objectively and step away from it.

You have my sympathy on the critical alcoholic parent. I have dealt with those types of relationships and they are insidious to self-worth, so bravo on your steps to self-care!

We have self-consideration as a goal in common. I like that!

@LatentumCattus

Thank you. I appreciate your kind reply.

I have many bad habits, but my most urgent one is sleeping late. Actually, it's more like just laying in bed with my eyes closed, listening to the radio.

I have that one too!

that is not a bad habit....rather a good one!!

@sologal till 3pm?

Mint-chip ice cream. I could eat half a pint if I'm not careful.

Honeycomb ice cream is my undoing!

You can put whatever you want in your mouth. I thought that was definitional to the concept of "self". It seems like it would be self-defeating to not have a say in what you eat.

Ben & Jerry's forever.

If that is your worst bad habit, you should be running a retreat for aesthetics.

My downfall is Tillamook Chocolate ice cream.Have not thought to put it in coffee as it usually does not last very long.

please never say ice cream is not a good food choice.

Oh my.. I wake up instantly... Can't wait to start the day... There's nothing wrong with a little bit of ice cream in your coffee lol
My bad habit is that I tip too much! Especially in restaurants... If my bill comes to twenty dollars, I give fifty dollars ... And tell them to keep the change...

Whys that a bad habit? Its your money, i assume?

@Burner of course it's my money

Sweets

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 22, 2019

@bobwjr

Dark chocolate.

Sweets

@Sticks48

Dark chocolate. Cocomels coconut milk caramels, 20 calories.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:429810
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.